I'm not mad... no, no, no... not mad at all... the voices, you know... they told me, i'm not mad, you see...
Ok, i’m starting to go insane. It’s been a month and I can’t get over this crap… What crap? Oh, sorry. It’s about Google Play not allowing me to install Cortana on my shiny Huaweii phone. It keeps saying “not available in your country.” I’ve already tried
- Disabling everything location-related on the phone
- Faking an US address
- Removing all the payment infos from my Google Account
- Using a public VPN (Opera VPN, which is quite good btw)
- Routing all my traffic through an AWS instance located in the US
- Doing all the above, but with the UK
Obviosly, I’ve done all the things I could like clearing caches, restarting the phone, force-closing Google Play, etc, but the goddamn thing still knows where I am located.
Also, had a few friends trying to help me, but the result is the same – can’t install Cortana, but to geo-limitation.
I have but two choices left basically, unless someone comes up with a better idea:
- Factory reset the phone, use a totally new google account, change email address at like 5000 places all over the net, whatnot
- Revert back to an old Windows-based phone, where this whole bullshit is just a flip of a switch and boom, suddenly Microsoft accepts that you’re located in the US and they won’t try to force you
So, if you have any other idea to get around this “not available in your country” in Google Play (in general, not just for Cortana), please help me, because I’m going insane and I already hate Google Play (and Bugdroid as well), but a burning passion…